|2013 £m||2014 £m||2015 £m||2016 £m||2017 £m||2018 £m|
|Aerospace & Infrastructure||230.4||198.6||193.2||204.7||203.2||196.2|
|Communications & Security||237.7||224.4||239.3||259.0||242.7||252.6|
|Maritime & Land||277.1||290.7||293.8||322.1||329.5||317.9|
|Underlying operating profit1|
|Aerospace & Infrastructure||46.2||29.6||28.7||32.4||32.6||30.0|
|Communications & Security||27.5||37.0||40.4||39.7||28.2||29.9|
|Maritime & Land||48.0||51.5||50.9||59.0||59.3||52.8|
|Total underlying operating profit1||121.7||118.1||120.0||131.1||120.1||112.7|
|Profit before tax||49.3||21.5||34.8||67.6||60.6||42.6|
|Profit after tax||38.2||6.5||25.0||58.3||49.4||32.4|
|Operating cash flow2||79.0||83.1||81.3||120.4||116.5||89.3|
|Free cash flow before dividends, acquisitions and financing3||46.7||52.8||48.4||86.0||65.3||67.6|
|Net debt at year end4||(42.2)||(129.5)||(295.6)||(256.7)||(74.5)||(157.4)|
|Underlying earnings per share5||127.1p||123.1p||123.9p||134.6p||166.7p||109.5p|
|Dividend per share||42.2p||44.3p||46.1p||47.8p||49.6p||51.6p|
|Average employee numbers||4,274||4,787||4,843||4,466||4,172||4,119|
- Underlying operating profit is before the S3 programme, amortisation of intangibles arising on acquisition, impairment charges, acquisition and disposal related costs net of contingent consideration adjustments, and significant legal charges and expenses.
- Cash generated by operations and dividends from associates, less net capital expenditure, R&D, LTIP share purchases and excluding cash outflows from the S3 programme, acquisition and disposal related payments and significant legal charges and expenses.
- Free cash flow before dividends paid, acquisitions and financing has been adjusted to include the purchase of LTIP shares, which are included in financing activities. Prior periods have been re-stated to include dividend receipts from equity-accounted investments.
- Loans and overdrafts less cash and cash equivalents.
- Underlying earnings per share is before the S3 programme, amortisation of intangibles arising on acquisition, impairment charges, fair value movements on derivatives, unwinding of discount on provisions, defined benefit pension finance charges, acquisition and disposal related costs, net of contingent consideration adjustments, significant legal charges and expenses and before related taxation.