Our four core capabilities and areas of focus are:
Sonar sensors & systems
- Standalone hull-mounted and towed sonar installations to fully integrated sonar suites for surface ship applications
- Modular system fuses data from own-ship and off-board sensors to build a complete underwater tactical picture delivering a complete multi-static sonar capability
- Experts in active and passive anti-submarine warfare sonar processing
- Robust, real-time data aggregation and synchronisation radar architecture, enabling the development of affordable, operationally effective next generation surface search radar
- World-leading provider of sonobuoys with proven range of sonobuoys receivers
- Multi-static active capability enhances the detection of extremely quiet submarines, in both deep and littoral waters
- Towed and expendable off-board countermeasure systems ensures the survivability of ships and submarines in the face of a range of advanced torpedo threats
- Our innovative signal processing automatically detects, classifies and tracks anti-submarine warfare threats to surface ship, submarine and unmanned underwater vehicles
Signature management & power systems
- Integrated signature management capabilities offered to navies worldwide
- We supply multi-influence, underwater, fixed and portable signature measurement range systems, on-board systems and magnetic and electric sensors
- Our naval power conversion and control systems increase the reliability, efficiency and capability of naval vessels
Businesses in our Maritime division:
Command & Sonar Systems
Our mission critical maritime defence solutions are installed on naval platforms worldwide. We provide torpedo defence in the maritime battlespace through surface ship and airborne sonar sensors and systems to fully integrated sonar suites.
EMS Development Corp.
We are a global provider of electronic systems, devices and specialised components across the maritime and land defence domains. Our core capabilities include power management, degaussing and human machine interface products.
We are a world leader in the development and manufacture of mission critical solutions for undersea surveillance. Our sonar systems are used worldwide across military, government and commercial applications.
We are a global maritime defence provider of underwater and surface solutions for the US and allied government customers. Our capabilities span undersea defense, acoustic countermeasures, sonar systems and radar solutions.
We design and manufacture advanced electronic system solutions across surface and sub-surface platforms. We work closely with the Royal Navy offering power solutions and systems.
Ultra Electronics Australia
We provide and support a wide range of solutions across the maritime, communications and intelligence defence domains. Our capabilities are integrated on operational systems across air, land and sea in the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force.
We are a trusted global supplier of sonobuoys, Anti Submarine Warfare (ASW) receivers, sonar systems and advanced acoustic transducer solutions. We also provide life safety mass notification speaker solutions to both military and commercial customers around the world.