A Positive Force
A Positive Force is Ultra's commitment to a sustainable future - enabling us to conduct our business in an ethical, safe and sustainable way.
Our Company purpose to ‘Innovate today for a safer tomorrow’ lies at the heart of Ultra’s value proposition and everything we do. We deliver this purpose through innovation in our technologies and our openness to searching for new ways to deliver outstanding solutions to our customers’ most complex problems in defence, security, critical detection and control environments. It’s by providing them with the insight, technology and services they need to perform at their best that we help them make the world a safer place, tackling some of the biggest challenges our society faces.
These four sustainability pillars deliver for each of our stakeholders:
For more information on Ultra's Positive Force framework:
Protecting our planet and Society
Doing the right thing
Our CSR Committee was established in December 2019, and reports into the Executive team. The Committee formally presents to the Executive team at least twice per annum and presents to the Board annually. The Committee comprises a diverse group of representatives from across the business, demonstrating our commitment to improve collaboration, share ideas and best practice and embed sustainability throughout the Group. Local CSR Committees have also recently been established at operating business level to improve alignment, communication and engagement with greater employee involvement, supporting positive change and enabling us to meet our sustainability goals and targets.
Overall responsibility for sustainability within Ultra sits with the Board of Directors. The Board believes a solid governance reporting framework is essential to the long-term sustainability of the business. Our CSR Committee develops strategy recommendations on sustainability for the Executive team to review and incorporate into Group strategy. The Executive team recommends the Group strategy to the Board for review and approval and develops actions to deliver it.
The primary role of the CSR Committee is to assist the Executive team and Board in:
- understanding the views of stakeholders of the Company in relation to Environmental and Social (E&S) matters;
- understanding the Company’s impact on communities and the environment and seek to reduce impact where possible;
- ensuring the processes and mechanisms used by the Company to engage with key stakeholders in relation to E&S matters are fit for purpose and assist in contributing to a wider society;
- ensuring a Group-wide approach to CSR strategy implementation, promoting and sharing CSR best practice and lessons learnt across our businesses;
- Driving group-wide initiatives regarding environmental impact reduction and sustainability measures and targets;
- Overseeing activities regarding charitable donations and Group-wide community initiatives;
- Reporting to the Executive team and the Board on the Company’s performance against sustainability goals and targets