Social Responsibility Policy
It is Ultra’s policy to conduct its activities in a responsible manner, having regard to our effect on the environment and the communities in which we operate. Whilst continuing to create and deliver value, we recognise that we need to protect our planet and look after our employees, customers, and communities, for a safer tomorrow.
Our CSR Committee was established in December 2019, and reports into the Executive team. The Committee formally presents to the Executive team at least twice per annum and presents to the Board annually. The Committee comprises a diverse group of representatives from across the business, demonstrating our commitment to improve collaboration, share ideas and best practice and embed sustainability throughout the Group. Local CSR Committees have also recently been established at operating business level to improve alignment, communication and engagement forward with greater employee involvement supporting positive change and enabling us to meet our sustainability goals and targets.
Overall responsibility for sustainability within Ultra sits with the Board of Directors. The Board believes a solid governance reporting framework is essential to the long-term sustainability of the business. Our CSR Committee develops strategy recommendations on sustainability for the Executive team to review and incorporate into Group strategy. The Executive team recommends the Group strategy to the Board for review and approval and develops actions to deliver it.
The primary role of the CSR Committee is to assist the Executive team and Board in:
- understanding the views of stakeholders of the Company in relation to Environmental and Social (E&S) matters;
- understanding the Company’s impact on communities and the environment and seek to reduce impact where possible;
- ensuring the processes and mechanisms used by the Company to engage with key stakeholders in relation to E&S matters are fit for purpose and assist in contributing to a wider society;
- ensuring a Group-wide approach to CSR strategy implementation, promoting and sharing CSR best practice and lessons learnt across our businesses;
- Driving group-wide initiatives regarding environmental impact reduction and sustainability measures and targets;
- Overseeing activities regarding charitable donations and Group-wide community initiatives;
- Reporting to the Executive team and the Board on the Company’s performance against sustainability goals and targets